The MDA service is the cornerstone of the MMSA offering, providing a comprehensive analysis of global markets for methanol, methanol to olefins, acetic acid, formaldehyde, MMA, DME, methylamines and other major MeOH derivatives. This includes a unique methodology for calculating methanol demand by first establishing demand for derivatives, overlaying supply, and balancing global methanol trade.
MDA clients receive a downloadable soft copy of a 680-plus page book. The period of coverage of the 2023 analysis is 2018-2028E. All balances and price forecasts are updated every three months (in July, October, and January). The service includes access to weekly Methanol Notes, as well as reasonable access to MMSA consulting staff, and clients have website access from which they can download the study and updates.
MMSA Annual Methanol and Derivatives Analysis
- MDA – Table of Contents
- Chapter I – Preface
- Chapter II – Executive Summary
- Chapter III – Strategic Considerations
- Chapter IV – Methanol and Derivatives Market Overviews and Uses
- Chapter V – Regional Market Analysis
- Chapter VI – Methanol Supply Feedstock Dynamics
- Chapter VII – Trade Overview Matrices
- Chapter VIII – Process and Economic Overview
- Chapter IX – Price Forecast
- Appendix A - Global Capacities
- Appendix B - Supply and Demand
MMSA Updates the MDA Quarterly. Below are examples of quarterly updates. Registered users can access live quarterly updates on their Client Dashboard.
- MMSA MTBE Supply and Demand Balance – 2018-2028E – MDA Q2 2023.xlsx
- MMSA Complete Price Forecast 230630 (MDA 3Q2023)
- MMSA Formaldehyde Supply and Demand Balance – 2018-2028E – MDA Q2 2023.xlsx
- MMSA Acetic Acid Supply and Demand Balance – 2018-2028E – MDA Q2 2023.xlsx
- MMSA MMA Supply and Demand Balance – 2018-2028E – MDA Q2 2023.xlsx
- MMSA Methanol Supply and Demand Balance – 2018-2028E – MDA Q2 2023.xlsx
- MMSA Monthly Price Forecast 230630 (MDA 3Q2023)
- MMSA Acetic Acid Price Forecast 230630 (MDA 3Q2023)